The personal & professional development expert Jack Canfield has identified seven areas to life:
- Personal Development.
A great life involves goal-setting in all areas of life because:
- each area of life impacts positively on the others, e.g. taking a calculated risk in a relationship, gives you experience & confidence to try new things in other areas of your life
- volunteering your time & money increases your own sense of well-being (numerous studies support this claim)
- focusing on just one or two life areas is likely to leave you feeling disconnected or that something’s missing
- it’s a cliché that the more you give the more you get, but it’s a cliché for a reason, many people have found that it works
- as you learn in one area of your life, you can apply those lessons to the other areas.
What’s a Community?
I love the beach, scuba diving, etc, so my idea of community includes sea-life: from fellow divers, to coral reefs, and my former marine science colleagues! Your community could be your local area, fellow co-operative business-owners, certain causes you care about, and beyond.
Five methods for being a mainstay of your community:
- Make a donation to a organisation that helps a cause you care about, this could be you personally or, you could devise ways for your business to support your favourite cause
- you can help organisations financially, by raising-awareness, and much, much more
- Volunteer with a charity you love
- Pick a non-profit organisation to benefit from your tithing. NB: tithing is donating 10% of your pre-tax income, whether with money or time and it’s practised by some of the most successful people in various walks of life
- Ensure you do the top 10 things the organisations suggests for making the world a better place, many of them you’ll be able to do at home or work and they won’t even cost you anything!
- Spread the word about your cause, follow a relevant non-profit or two on social media, share their messages and carry-out their online actions.
Keep a list of all your actions for your favourite causes and re-read them from time-to-time, feeling actively happy and satisfied that you’re of extra benefit to the world.
Whether you want more confidence, to find love, to create or improve a business, or to find work that doesn’t feel like work, you can do it! People like you transform their lives with my help, which uses the special qualities of the sea, its sense of fun and excitement and its power to move and change.
You’ll benefit from my unique support method, which combines coaching with insights from my background in all things marine, so I’m a Life & Business Coach with a twist! I’ve helped people people from more than five countries and I donate 10% of my income to good causes.
Mhairi Gordon Preston is a regular contributor to the3rdimagazine. To transform your life now, go to YourSeaChangeLife.com