Please forgive me making this article short and sweet.
September has been incredible – in fact I can hardly believe its over already. It’s quite scarey how fast 30 days can go in. Was it worth it? You bet it was.
It will be the end of the year before the full extent of the financial rewards are reaped – we have all invested a lot of our time and souls into this month and I truly believe that we will see the benefits but not instantly. A bit like my diet – better to do this slowly and steadily!
More than 30 events held just for It’s Good 2 Give with even more pledged for the coming weeks ahead. I was determined to be at as many as was humanly possible and managed over 20.
The month has been about kindness , gratitude and raising money. What a huge success it’s been – my gratitude cup is overflowing with thanks to all who held events, came to events and recommended us to friends, family and colleagues as a charity worth supporting.
As for kindness its been such fun doing at least one act of kindness each day and cost me very little financially – from donating dog and cat food to the local animal home to letting drivers out in front of me – its been worth doing! This week Charlie Miller held a ‘Chat about Kindness’ for us. He was sharing his thoughts and beliefs on kindness and it was so nice to hear him put into words so many of my own thoughts. That it doesn’t have to be big kindnesses we do – the small ones can make massive impressions too.
Final words for the month of September
Don’t cry because it’s over – smile because it happened!
COMING IN OCTOBER
We would love to see you at our special event this year to raise funds for a very good cause. It’s Good 2 Give provides a wide range of support to young people with cancer and their families in the East of Scotland. 100% of donations and all proceeds raised from the Pamper Afternoon go to the projects G2G support.
Top 10 reasons to support It’s Good 2 Give on 10/10/10
1. Spend a relaxing Sunday afternoon with your friends, mums and daughters ….release the tension
2. Support It’s Good 2 Give whilst having some pampering fun
3. Chance to win fabulous raffle prizes, including Hilton hotel mini-breaks and afternoon tea at the Caledonian (1 raffle ticket included with entry)
4. Sip tea, coffee or a glass of fizz accompanied by delicious locally-made cupcake delights
5. Treat yourself with taster pamper sessions, including Indian Head massage, hand/arm massage & mini facials
6. Enhance your make-up and learn new application & colour tips
7. Indulge your nails with a shape & polish
8. Sample newly-released anti-ageing skin care with visible results in 24 hours
9. Kick-start your Christmas shopping with a fabulous selection of gifts
10. Find the perfect gift to satisfy your foodie friends
Ticket price: £10 including car park, 1 raffle ticket, tea/coffee, cupcake & a glass of bubbles or juice Venue: Hilton Edinburgh Airport
Date/Time: Sunday 10th October from 2-5pm
How to buy tickets: It’s easy! Just follow this link and your tickets will be sent out automatically.
The event is in association with